Startups and scale-ups working with freelancers
The startup ecosystem is primarily fast-paced and dynamic. Most often, startups run on tight budgets and strict deadlines. By outsourcing some jobs to freelancers, you can simultaneously save costs and get the job done as soon and flawless as possible. However, working with a freelancer might rise some important questions:
- How to partner with the best minds?
- What are the financial implications?
- How to ensure the freelancer is committed to the startup’s vision & mission?
- What about knowledge retention?
On July 12th, Eynovation™ organizes an interesting evening at the Birdhouse Ghent tackling the above issues.
Register now and learn from the experienced ones!
- 17u30 - 18u00: Welcome
- 18u00 – 18u20: Introduction by EY Expert Sophie Blieck, Manager at People Advisory Services
- 18u20 – 19u00: Testimonials
- Aisha Saraf Kothari – AISPI: AISPI takes recommendations from the best influencers, stylists and pioneers of the fashion world. We then unearth the story behind these boutiques, understand their price points, quality of product and create a validated selection to present to you. Aisha, founder of AISPI, workes with a group of freelancers every day to launch & stimulate the growth of her startup.
- Maxime De Roeck - LANCR: As former freelancers, they experienced the need to purchase professional products and services in an easier way and at better conditions. Freelancers are self-employed, but are often treated by the market as private consumers. As they are not able to purchase in large volumes or negotiate professional deals, they often pay the full consumer price. We think making professional purchases should be easier for freelancers. That's why we built Lancr: a one-stop shop for freelancers to find everything they need in their professional life.
- Joris Noreillie – Fulltime freelance CFO at several Flemish startups. Theoplayer, Pickit and Sweepbright are some of his best-known employers, besides startups like Zentrick, Novosanis and Idronect.
- 19u00 – 19u30: Panel discussion guided by Sophie Blieck
- 19u30 – 21u00: Network drink
See you there,
The Birdhouse & The EYnovation™ team